Monday, November 16, 2009

Sanding

Now that I have finished stripping all the varnish, I have to sand. I love to sand. It is so therapeutic. Miguel makes fun of me and how much I love to sand. I lose myself in the process. Maybe I like it because you can see and feel an end result. For me, I love to run my hand over the wood to see if it is smooth enough. Now, the legs were a bit of a challenge, but I still enjoyed sanding them.

I had to glue one of the doors because the veneer was coming off. We used white Elmers glue (Cola blanca). The teacher had dyed it brown so that if some showed, it wouldn´t be white. Clever.


The teacher is interesting. She is young and has a very dry sense of humor. Actually, no sense of humor at all. But, on the other hand, is amazing with all of her knowledge. She knows so much, I guess I can forgive her for not joking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment